Marshfield Furniture combines careful production techniques with fine upholstery fabrics and leather to build furniture that looks good and is built to last. The proper care of your furniture will contribute to its continued good looks. Caring for your furniture requires the following steps.
- Keep leather furniture away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- Regularly dust with a damp, clean and soft cloth.
- Remove dust, dirt and debris from deck (surface under the cushions).
- When necessary, clean with Leather Master products purchased from Uniters. Use of any other after sale leather treatment products invalidates this warranty.
- Vacuum or brush lightly to remove dust and grime.
- Turn cushions regularly. This provides uniform wear of fabric and filling materials and reduces cover shift on the cushion cores.
- Remove dust, dirt and debris from the deck (surface under the cushion).
- Plump pillows and turn on a regular basis.
- Clean spills immediately following the recommended cleaning instructions.
- Never remove cushion covers for dry cleaning or washing, even though they may have zippers.
- Keep upholstered furniture away from direct sunlight to avoid fading.
- Avoid placing newspapers on upholstered furniture to prevent ink from getting on furniture.
- Do not use nail polish remover, mercurochrome, iodine, red-dyed drinks, etc…around upholstered furniture, as they may cause permanent damage to fabric.
- Contact a professional furniture cleaning service to remove overall soil or stains.
NOTICE: Some materials used in upholstery will burn rapidly and emit toxic gases when ignited. Use care when smoking, burning candles, or placing furniture near a fireplace.
The furniture industry has adopted standard coding to indicate the proper cleaning method for upholstery fabrics. Always pretest a small area before cleaning the entire piece of furniture.
W – Use a water based cleaner. Spot clean, using the foam only from a water based cleaning agent such as a mild detergent or non solvent upholstery shampoo product. Apply foam with a soft brush in a circular motion. Vacuum when dry.
S – Use a solvent cleaner. Spot clean, using a mild water-free solvent or dry cleaning product. Clean only in a well ventilated room and avoid any product carbon tetrachloride or other toxic material.
WS – Use a solvent or water-based cleaner. Either of the first two cleaning methods can be used.
X – Use a vacuum only. None of the above methods can be used safely. Clean only by vacuuming or light brushing to prevent accumulation of dust and grime.